Last Updated: December 10, 2021
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
If you receiving mental health treatment as an established client, please refer to the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for the specific terms and rights that apply to you.
How I Use Your Information
As you use the Site, your personal information may be collected directly from you and automatically from your web browser’s information. Primarily, I use and collect the following information:
- When you sign up for my newsletter, I will store your name and email in order to be able to send you future email newsletters. You can opt out of receiving these by using the unsubscribe link contained in each email.
- I store any comments or feedback you provide me for the purpose of improving the content of the Site.
- I collect analytics with Google Analytics to measure site traffic and usage. You may opt out of Google Analytics.
How I Share and Disclose Your Information
I may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- I may share your Personal Information publicly, but only with your permission. For example, with your permission, I may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the “Reviews” section of the Site.
- I may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services for me, such as hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). My policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for me, and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- From time to time, I may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
I will not sell your Personal Information.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the internet would be a much more frustrating experience.
The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. I follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to me, both during transmission and once I receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your login credentials), I encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children’s Privacy (COPPA)
The Site is not directed at children under the age of 18. I comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not knowingly permit submission of Personal Information by anyone under 18 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to This Policy