Last Updated: April 3, 2021
Additional definitions, terms and conditions are stipulated in the Terms of Service, which is hereby expressly incorporated into this document by reference.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
If you are an established client of David Lechnyr, LCSW who is receiving mental health treatment in the context of a client-therapist relationship in either the State of Oregon or Arizona, please refer to the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for the specific terms and rights that apply to you. For any client receiving therapy from any independently practicing clinician, they are required by U.S. Federal law to present you with a notice of privacy policies similar to that presented in this document; please be sure that you receive and sign such a document prior to proceeding with therapy.
How We Use Your Information
As you use the Site, your personal information may be collected directly from you and automatically from your web browser’s information. Primarily, we use and collect the following information:
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we store your name and email in order to be able to send you future email newsletters. You can opt out of receiving these newsletters by using the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
- We store any comments or feedback you provide us for the purpose of improving the content of the Site.
- We collect analytics with Google Analytics to measure site traffic and usage. You may opt out of Google Analytics.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Information publicly, but only with your permission. For example, with your permission, we may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the “Reviews” section of our websites.
- We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services for us, such as hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). Our policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for us, and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- From time to time, we may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
We do not sell your Personal Information.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the internet would be a much more frustrating experience.
The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
In general, within the preceding 12 months:
- We have collected the categories of Personal Information listed above.
- We have collected these categories of Personal Information directly from you, when you use the Site, and from third parties for the purposes described above.
- We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes: Identifiers and contact information; professional and employment-related information; commercial information; transactional information; and internet and network activity information.
- We have not sold your Personal Information.
Certain California residents are entitled to privacy rights under the CCPA. Customers who wish to exercise these rights should direct their requests to the registered member who controls their Personal Information.
- The right to know. You have the right to request to know (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you; (ii) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information.
- The right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in anyway. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Services.
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, please contact us using the address information provided in this document.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an Account with us, we will use our existing Account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an Account with us, we may request additional information about you to verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
California’s “Shine the Light”
California customers are also entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about any of your Personal Information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information, please contact us in writing using the address information provided in this document.
Children’s Privacy (COPPA)
The Site is not directed at children under the age of 18. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not knowingly permit submission of Personal Information by anyone under 18 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to This Policy