Last updated: January 10, 2023
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
If you are considering receiving mental health services as a client, please refer to my HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for the specific terms and rights that apply to you.
How I Use Your Information
As you use this website, your personal information may be collected directly from you and automatically from your web browser’s information. Primarily, I use and collect the following information:
- When you sign up for a newsletter, waiting list, or fill out a form, I will store your name and email in order to be able to communicate with you. You can opt out of receiving these by contacting me directly.
- I store any comments or feedback you provide me for the purpose of improving the content of this website.
- I collect analytics with Google Analytics to measure site traffic and usage. You may opt out of Google Analytics.
How I Share and Disclose Your Information
I may share your information in the following circumstances:
- I may share your information publicly, but only with your permission. For example, with your permission, I may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on this website.
- I may share your information with companies that provide services for me, such as hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). My policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your information only as necessary to provide services for me, and require that they not use or disclose your information for any other purpose.
- From time to time, I may be required to provide your information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
I will not, under any circumstance, sell your personal information.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. It helps a website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the internet would be much more frustrating.
This website has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under my control.
Children’s Privacy (COPPA)
This website is not directed at children under the age of 18. I am in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not knowingly permit submission of any personal information by anyone under 18 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other websites. These links are for your convenience, however I make no representations whatsoever regarding these other websites. You should review the privacy policies of these other websites carefully before providing any information to them. Not surprisingly, I am not responsible for the privacy policies or procedures or the content of any other site.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Changes to This Policy