Welcome! I am currently accepting new clients, ages 18 and older, for individual therapy and couple’s counseling as well as private one-on-one training/classes. To schedule a session, please use my online calendar or click the button below:
How to Prepare for Your Session
While optional, you can use one or more of these to help narrow down the issues you are facing.
- Measure Your Baseline Happiness
- Burns Depression Checklist
- Anxious/Avoidant Relationship Styles
- Change Plan Worksheet
- Daily Mood Monitor
- Self-Care Assessment Worksheet
How to Prepare for Couple’s Therapy
Please watch the following short videos together before your first couple’s session. The following four videos will significantly help both of you to more accurately describe what is not working in your relationship. Additionally, the videos will help you to recognize the things that can actually save a relationship or destroy it.
- Video 1: What does research say about relationship satisfaction? (10 min 9 sec)
- Video 2: What guarantees a failed relationship? (10 min)
- Video 3: What helps to improve a relationship the most? (10 min 1 sec)
- Video 4: Gottman Method Q&A (9 min 26 sec)
Additionally, both of you should read an overview of what Gottman Therapy will look like:
- What Gottman Therapy will actually look like (specifically, how the sessions are structured, what you can expect, etc).
- The Secrets to Love (what makes a relationship actually last). This is probably the best general overview I’ve ever found of the Gottman Method and it will help you more accurately grasp what helps a relationship function versus what guarantees that it will implode into disaster.
Additional Hint: If you suspect that you have a difficult partner that won’t “grow up”, you should probably also take the Peter Pan Syndrome questionnaire.