If you feel that you struggle with persistent, repetitive and uncontrollable worry, chances are you may be trying to solve the wrong problem. Those who struggle with a condition called Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) tend to worry about the uncertainty of the future. They often anticipate and predict that bad or threatening events may happen.…
When you’re feeling sad, nothing else seems to be able to pull you out. You’re consumed within your own inner world. You have thoughts in your head and they demand your attention. You end up going down that rabbit hole and your thoughts become all-consuming. You get caught up in your own world and it’s…
Real, permanent change doesn’t happen without help. But you don’t want a therapist who just sits there, nodding and asking, “How does that make you feel?” You want someone to not only listen, but challenge you to be better. To call you on your B.S., offer direction, and help you become the best version of yourself. That’s all that matters in the end. Otherwise, we’re just stuck feeling stuck.
Both in-person and teletherapy services are available from my office in Eugene, Oregon for individuals and couples, ages 18 and older. Aside from Eugene, I also provide teletherapy in Oregon and teletherapy in Arizona.
I come from a multi-generational family of therapists and psychologists, I have grown up in this environment all my life and “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. I’ve learned that the hardest part of change for anyone is in understanding the places that scare us.
Working with David is NOT for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to any real work on your end
- You’re not willing to invest at least 20 minutes a day on reinventing yourself using the skills and tactics you’ll learn in therapy
- You’re struggling with serious issues of safety, self-harm or suicide
- You are self-medicating your emotional pain with excessive alcohol or marijuana, and are unwilling to change
You’re Ready for Therapy if…
- You’re open to being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success
- You are willing to commit to making the changes you need and not wait for others in your life to change first
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water
- You understand that progress will be challenging and that there will be ups and downs, but dramatic shifts in your life can happen by adjusting your life approach using the tactics you’ll learn