Welcome! As a Gottman Certified Therapist based in Eugene, Oregon, I specialize in helping individuals and couples move beyond traditional talk therapy to make a lasting impact in their lives.
I’ve had a lot of therapists over the last 17 years and I’ve never had a counselor bring me through this much progress…. ever. Not even close.”– Client review
Let’s be honest: You don’t really want a therapist who will just sit there and ask, “…and how does that make you feel?” You want someone who will finally help you move beyond the basics in order to finally become the best version of yourself. Someone who will call you on your B.S. if it gets in the way, challenge you and show you the skills you need to propel you forward.
Growing up in Eugene, I come from a multi-generational family of psychologists and therapists, and have “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. You can read more about my background if you’re curious to learn more.
From my office in Eugene, Oregon, I specialize in providing:
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy: This therapeutic approach focuses on fostering emotional connection, improving communication, and conflict resolution within romantic relationships. Grounded in years of empirical research, it provides couples with practical skills and tools to not only manage disagreements but also to deepen intimacy and understanding. The method is designed to halt negative cycles of interaction and promote a culture of appreciation and respect between partners. I am one the few Gottman Certified Therapists in the area.
- Assertiveness & Boundaries: These concepts are crucial for maintaining emotional well-being, as a lack of these skills often leads to strained relationships and an erosion of self-esteem. Struggles with setting healthy boundaries and being assertive can manifest as feelings of resentment, emotional exhaustion, and conflicts that undermine both personal and professional relationships.
- Emotional and Verbal Abuse Recovery: This area addresses the complex emotional toll inflicted by manipulative behaviors often seen in narcissistic or borderline personalities, such as gaslighting. The journey to recovery involves navigating mental health challenges like anxiety and depression, and it often requires professional help to rebuild self-esteem and establish healthier relationship boundaries.
- Understanding our Inner Conflicts: I use a specific approach to help you get to know the different sides of yourself that influence your thoughts and actions. By better understanding these inner voices and learning how to coordinate them, you can improve your emotional well-being and solve life’s challenges more effectively.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is a highly-useful method for tackling issues like stress, anxiety, and depression by helping you notice and change unhelpful ways of thinking and acting. It offers practical tools to help you deal with life’s challenges in a healthier way, aiming for quick results that last.
You’re Ready if…
- Am I open to being challenged to move past my comfort zone?
- Am I tired of being stuck in the same rut?
- Do I want to commit to real change by working with a therapist near me either virtually or in-person at Eugene, Oregon?
You’re NOT Ready if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to solve all your problems
- You’re not willing to practice your new skills in-between sessions
- You’re unable to give up being in a “blame/victim” mindset
Are you ready? Let’s get started today!