I help people repair their relationship with themselves and others
Yet you don’t want a therapist who just sits there and say, “…and how does that make you feel?” You want someone professional, supportive and kind, and who will also call you on your B.S. if it gets in your own way. Someone to push you past your comfort zone so that you can accomplish genuine, lasting change.
This may be hard for you to hear: Your life will never change just because you want it to. There’s only so far you can go just by willpower alone. Instead, you hit against the walls of doing the same thing again and again. Left unchecked, our actions can keep us stuck in limbo forever.
The two most valuable strengths that you have to avoid this trap are hope and new skills. It’s not your history, the circumstances of your life or how good or bad the people around you are. It’s the attitude and energy you bring to the table by taking charge of your life and navigating the ups and downs that follow, and the tools you use to implement your new skills.
I come from a multi-generational family of therapists and psychologists and have “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. I work with those that are struggling with their relationship with themselves, their partners and others.
It’s essential to learn some of key terminology and skills before starting Couple’s Therapy.
Sometimes a relationship is so rocky that we’re not certain if it’s worth even staying together to try one last time.
Learn effective and satisfying ways to address the conflict in your relationship without it spiraling out of control.
It’s essential to learn how to make sex meaningful, intimate, and safe for both you and you partner.
There are some limitations in what makes couples a good candidate for couple’s therapy.
You love your partner. Now it’s time to make sure they feel it.
What to do when you leave an argument feeling like you just don’t “get” each other.
Learn how to recognize and counteract the harmful communication patterns that are common in failed relationships.
TherapyDave is NOT for You If…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to doing any real work on your end.
- You’re not willing to work on practicing the tools and skills you learn in-between your sessions on a daily basis.
- You’re struggling with serious issues of safety, self-harm or suicide.
- You are self-medicating your emotional pain with excessive alcohol or marijuana, and are unwilling to change.
TherapyDave is a Good Fit When…
- You’re open to being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success.
- You are willing to make the necessary changes to propel you forward and not wait for others in your life to change first.
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water.
- You understand that progress will be challenging at times, but that ultimately dramatic shifts in your life will happen if you commit to change.
Are you ready to for the next step? Let me be by your side as you get started. Go ahead and reach out, and let’s get to work.