I provide counseling for a variety of issues, including: Anxiety, assertiveness & boundaries, codependency, depression, relationship issues, perfectionism, procrastination, self-compassion and self-esteem. (more…)
Hi, I’m Dave Lechnyr. I work with people who truly want to get unstuck and make some actual impact in their life goal of being a better version of themselves. My approach to therapy has been influenced greatly by Carl Rogers, Albert Ellis, and Pema Chödrön. (more…)
Real, permanent change doesn’t happen without help. But you don’t want a therapist who just sits there, nodding and asking, “How does that make you feel?” You want someone to not only listen, but challenge you to be better. To call you on your B.S., offer direction, and help you become the best version of yourself. That’s all that matters in the end. Otherwise, we’re just stuck feeling stuck.
In light of the pandemic, I offer teletherapy (secure video) sessions from my office in Eugene, Oregon. I work with both individuals and couples, ages 18 and older.
I come from a multi-generational family of therapists and psychologists, I have grown up in this environment all my life and “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. I’ve learned that the hardest part of change for anyone is in understanding the places that scare us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of issues do you work with?
For individual therapy, I specialize in three areas: Treatment-resistant depression, recovery from emotionally and verbally abusive relationships and uncontrollable worry/anxiety using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT). For couples counseling, I focus on communication tools and conflict management using Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A detailed description is available on my Therapy Services page.
What insurance plans do you accept?
I am in-network with PacificSource, First Choice Health, Samaritan and Kaiser Permanente Added Choice. For all others, I can provide you a special type of statement (“Superbill”) that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement using your out of network benefits. Insurance coverage for my services is only available in the states of Oregon and Arizona.
What payments do you accept?
I accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, and payment by check. Additionally, you can use your health savings (HSA/FSA) account for payments.
How do I schedule an appointment?
All appointments can be scheduled by going to my Schedule a Session page.
TherapyDave is NOT for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to doing any real work on your end.
- You’re not willing to work on practicing the tools and skills you learn in-between your sessions on a daily basis.
- You’re struggling with serious issues of safety, self-harm or suicide.
- You are self-medicating your emotional pain with excessive alcohol or marijuana, and are unwilling to change.
TherapyDave IS for you if…
- You’re open to being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success.
- You are willing to make the necessary changes to propel you forward and not wait for others in your life to change first.
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water.
- You understand that progress will be challenging at times, but that ultimately dramatic shifts in your life will happen if you commit to change.