I provide counseling for a variety of issues: Anxiety, Assertiveness & Boundaries, Codependency, Couple’s & Marital Counseling, Depression, Divorce, Emotional Abuse, Communication Issues, Life Transitions, Loneliness, Relationship Issues, Perfectionism, Self-Compassion, Self-Esteem and Stress. (more…)
Hi, I’m Dave. I work with people who truly want to get unstuck and make some actual impact in their life goal of being a better version of themselves. My approach to therapy has been influenced greatly by Carl Rogers, Aaron Beck and Pema Chödrön. I’m a big believer in the three keys for Emotional…
Real, permanent change doesn’t happen without help. But you don’t want a therapist who just sits there, nodding and asking during counseling, “How does that make you feel?” You want someone to not only listen, but challenge you to be better. To call you on your B.S., offer direction, and help you become the best version of yourself. That’s all that matters in the end. Otherwise, we’re just stuck feeling stuck.
As a result of the pandemic, all counseling sessions are provided exclusively by teletherapy (secure video) from my office in Eugene, Oregon. I work with both individuals and couples, ages 18 and older.
I come from a multi-generational family of therapists and psychologists, I have grown up in this environment all my life and “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. I’ve learned that the hardest part of change for anyone is in understanding the places that scare us.
- Accepting new clients (adults and couples, ages 18+)
- Available on weekends
- Telehealth appointments
- Accepts online payments and insurance
Insurance & Fees
Health Insurance: I am “in-network” and a preferred provider for PacificSource, First Choice Health Network PPO, Kaiser Permanente (“Added Choice”) and Samaritan. You will only be responsible for your copay and any deductible you may have. For all other insurance plans, I can provide you a monthly statement which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement using your out-of-network benefits.
- Private Pay: Individual psychotherapy sessions are $160 and couple’s counseling sessions are $180. I accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and AMEX, as well as Health Savings (HSA) cards and checks.
- PacificSource Health Plans: I am a preferred provider and in-network for PacificSource’s commercial plans (SmartChoice, Billings Clinic Employee Health Plan, BrightPath, Legacy, Legacy Health, Legacy+ Employee Health Plan, Navigator, Pathfinder, PSN/Medishield PSN, SmartAlliance, SmartHealth, UO Student Health Plan and Voyager). However, I am not a participating provider with PacificSource Community Solutions (Medicare/OHP).
- Kaiser Permanente: I am a participating provider with Kaiser’s Added Choice program. If you’re not certain if you have this, you can contact the Kaiser directly at 866-616-0047.
- First Choice Health: I am a preferred provider with First Choice Health’s PPO Network.
- Samaritan Health Plans: I am a preferred provider with Samaritan Advantage.
Read more: Should I Use Insurance for my Therapy Sessions?
You Should NOT Work with Dave if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to doing any real work on your end.
- You’re not willing to actually practice the new tools and skills you’ll be learning in-between your sessions.
- You’re struggling with serious issues of safety, self-harm or suicide.
- You tend to self-medicate your emotional pain with excessive amounts of alcohol or marijuana.
You’re READY to Work with Dave if…
- You like being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success, rather than just “talking” about things.
- You are willing to make the necessary changes to propel you forward and not wait for others in your life to change first.
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water.
- You understand that progress will be challenging at times, but that ultimately dramatic shifts in your life will happen if you commit to change.