I’ve had a lot of therapists over the last 17 years and I’ve never had a counselor bring me through this much progress…. ever. Not even close. I feel lucky that I found you at this specific time in my life where I was ready to do the work. It would be so nice if people who are serious about doing the work found you.– Client review
I’m Dave Lechnyr. I’m very glad you’re here. I help people who are struggling in their relationship with themselves and others. I find Gottman Method Couples Therapy and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to be the most effective. Feel free to reach out to me, I’d love to help you. And by the way, I’m one of the few Certified Gottman Therapists in the area.
Do you know the number one thing that people say to me in their first counseling session?
“I want a therapist who challenges me.”
I wholeheartedly agree. But you don’t simply want a therapist who will just sit there and say, “…and how does that make you feel?” You want someone professional, supportive and kind, yet will also call you on your B.S. if it gets in your way. Someone to guide you in a constructive way and healthy way. With this approach, you can accomplish anything.
I come from a multi-generational family of therapists and psychologists and have “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. I work with those that are struggling with their relationship with themselves, their partners and others.
Working with Dave is NOT for You if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to doing any real work on your end.
- You’re not willing to work on practicing the tools and skills you learn in-between your sessions on a daily basis.
- You’re struggling with serious issues of safety, self-harm or suicide.
- You are self-medicating your emotional pain with excessive alcohol or marijuana, and are unwilling to change.
You’re Ready to Work with Dave if…
- You’re open to being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success.
- You are willing to make the necessary changes to propel you forward and not wait for others in your life to change first.
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water.
- You understand that progress will be challenging at times, but that ultimately dramatic shifts in your life will happen if you commit to change.
Are you ready to for the next step? Let me be by your side as you get started. Go ahead and reach out, and let’s get to work.