I’m Dave Lechnyr. I’m very glad you’re here. I work with people who want to move beyond traditional “talk therapy” in order to make a lasting difference in their lives. Feel free to reach out to me, I’d love to help you. And by the way, I’m one of the few Certified Gottman Therapists in Eugene, Oregon.
I’ve had a lot of therapists over the last 17 years and I’ve never had a counselor bring me through this much progress…. ever. Not even close.”– Client review
Let’s be honest: You don’t really want a therapist who will just sit there and ask, “…and how does that make you feel?” You want someone who will finally help you move beyond the basics in order to finally become the best version of yourself. Someone who will call you on your B.S. if it gets in the way, challenge you and show you the skills you need to propel you forward.
Growing up in Eugene, I come from a multi-generational family of psychologists and therapists, and have “breathed the air” of psychology, so to speak. You can read more about my background if you’re curious to learn more.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Couples Counseling: How we talk to our partner matters more than what we talk about. Over 70% of my clients are couples wanting to learn these communication tools to repair and enhance their relationship. For this, I use Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Emotional and Verbal Abuse: Recovery from gaslighting and other tactics of extreme narcissistic abuse.
- Understanding our Inner Conflicts by identifying and bringing into balance our unconscious thoughts, feelings and behaviors so that we can work towards a more integrated, whole version of our best self.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Treatment for depression and anxiety (persistent, repetitive and uncontrollable worry).
- ADD/ADHD Evaluation: Inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
You’re Ready if…
- Am I open to being challenged to move past my comfort zone?
- Am I tired of being stuck in the same rut?
- Do I want to commit to real change by working with a therapist near me either virtually or in-person at Eugene, Oregon?
You’re NOT Ready if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to solve all your problems
- You’re not willing to practice your new skills in-between sessions
- You’re unable to give up being in a “blame/victim” mindset
What If I’m Not Sure We’re a Good Fit?
Part of the goal of our first session together is to give us a chance to get to know each other and to make sure that you’re comfortable working with me. We can discuss any questions you may have, including:
- Exploring what you hope to get out of therapy
- Understanding my background and approach as a therapist
- Discussing availability, insurance, fees, etc.
- Asking me any other questions that I didn’t cover
Are you ready? Let’s get started today!